International Removalists to and from Australia
Making a move overseas can be exciting and daunting in equal measure, which is why it pays to be prepared and to plan ahead. Creating a memorable life is about enjoying interesting experiences, and so let’s face it, the last thing you want – or need – is for the relocation itself to be a hassle.
With connections to trusted global networks, we can provide you with a tailor-made service to handle any international moving requirement to or from Australia to over 1500 destinations across the world. This means that wherever you are located, you can rest assured that your Chess Moving consultant will be close enough at hand to help you with any concerns. Our knowledgeable staff will give you the right advice and deliver on time, every time.
Chess Moving has more than 100 years of experience in moving people, and objects all around the world. Over the years, we’ve helped individuals and small business, as well as large corporations and government departments too.
Our people are the best in the business and we treat each move with care and attention to detail, because our brand and our reputation are built on trust.
Chess Moving is part of the Harmony Relocation Network, the largest removalist network in the world. This means we are able to provide you with accurate quotes and information about relocating to more than 1500 destinations worldwide. These international partnerships give us the professional resources, specialist expertise and knowledge combined with the global reach to control your move door-to-door.
For more information, visit our Overseas Global Reach page. Some of the major destinations that we frequently assist clients relocate to and from include:
- The USA
- New Zealand
- The UK
But these are just a small sample of our global reach of over 1500 destinations.
- Comprehensive and obligation-free quotes
- Tailored services Door-to-door or Door-to-port
- Packing and packing materials.
- International Customs management
- Full packing and unpacking service
- Preparing, packing and loading of containers and lift vans
- International Customs information, declaration and handling
- Landing charges at the destination port, or terminal of destination
- Crating design and assembly services for special or delicate items
- Cleaning services
- Management, documentation and handling of sea or air freight
- Pet relocation
- Long and short term storage in secure and bonded storage facilities
- Vehicle Relocation
- Moving Insurance
- Helpful Information and resources -- What you need to know about where you're going
More information about some of these services is given below:
Why Choose Chess?
- Fully owned and run by Australian families
- Professional removalists in every state of Australia
- Part of the Harmony Relocation Network
- Able to move to over 1500 locations around the globe (Here are our main service areas)
- Competitive pricing.
- Over 100 years of professional experience
Global knowledge, local expertise
Our international network also means that we have up-to-the minute travel information about any destination you’re moving to, whether it’s facts about health and safety, customs and Quarantine, special documentation requirements like visas and permits, or simply useful facts for getting around and living and working in the destination of your choice. Whether you’re moving to Afghanistan or Zimbabwe, we’ve got the expertise to get you, and your belongings there when you need them.
All international removalist quotes include insurance by default. However, we strongly advise you to speak with your Chess Moving consultant about the best insurance option to cover the distance of your move and transport method as these can have an impact on your insurance. Read our Insurance page for further information.
Packing for Overseas
If you require help packing your items, our fully trained specialists can professionally pack every item with its journey and destination in mind, whether they be crystal glasses individually wrapped, or your favourite antique protected by custom designed packaging.
Our packing materials, which are durable for all distances and modes of transport, include:
- Bubble Wrap
- Tissue Paper
- Special Wine Cartons
- Special glassware cartons
- Wrapping paper
- Foam inserts
- Linen cartons
- Portable Robe Cartons
- Tea chest Cartons
- Wine Cartons
- Audio Cartons
- Essential Cartons
- Lampshade Cartons
- Book Cartons
- Wooden Crates made to order
- Felt Pads where required
All Chess Moving staff are trained and experienced in the professional handling of delicate items including china and sensitive electronic equipment.
Chess moving provides short, medium, and long-term storage solutions in both Australia and your destination country with approved storage facilities around the world.
Our secure storage facilities are dust and vermin proof for your peace of mind. For more information about our storage service, visit our Storage Facilities & Spaces page.
The last thing you want to worry about while moving overseas is the cleaning. With our additional cleaning service, our professionals can take care of all the basic tasks including the vacuuming and dusting for a full house.
We also provide more detailed cleaning services with trusted local services.
International Pet Relocation
Moving the family pet can be stressful for both the family and the animal involved. That’s why we work with Jet Pets, our trusted partner and one of Australia’s largest animal transport companies. Contact us to find out more about international pet relocation.
International Vehicle Relocation
We can carefully relocate cars, watercraft, and other vehicles overseas using special packing, attention and documentation. Additional fees and taxes may apply on arrival in your country of destination. To find out more, contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the home visit take?
For international relocation approximate 30 – 45 minutes.
How are quotes generated with home visits?
After the home visit, our international removalist experts will review your requirements and services required in the destination country. The quote comprises of three main cost components:
- Origin Services - any service components that are completed in Australia which can include (but is not limited to) packing, loading, insurance and customs documentation.
- Sea Freight – the organisation of the shipping and arrangement of all the appropriate documentation.
- Destination Services – any service components that are completed in the country of destination which can include (but is not limited to) customs inspections, storage and delivery of items to the new location.
What infrastructure do you use to transport goods internationally?
20 ft. or 40 ft. containers with a variety of shipping lines.
In Australia, your goods will be handled by Chess Moving professionals and equipment. Overseas, we work with trusted UniGroup partner office staff and equipment.
Can you also arrange airfares, accommodation, and car hire?
Yes. If you are short on time or knowledge of your destination, our professional consultants can help arrange any airfares, accommodation, or car hire to make your move less stressful.
To ask a question, please feel free to contact us for further information.
Get an International Moving Quote