Chess is the brand to which the following companies belong and as such are covered by the provisions of the following privacy statement:
Chess Moving Australia Pty Ltd
Perth Moving group Pty Ltd - Trading as Chess Moving Perth
Intermove Australia Pty Ltd - Trading as Chess Moving Adelaide
Prices Removals Pty Ltd - Trading as Chess Moving Tasmania
Hanleys Removals Pty Ltd - Trading as Chess Moving Sydney
Durrant Enterprises Pty Ltd - Trading as Chess Moving Brisbane
Taylors Removals Pty Ltd - Trading as Chess Moving Toowoomba
AT Move pty Ltd - Trading as Chess Moving Canberra
Greater Norther Removals Pty Ltd Trading as Chess Moving Cairns
Greater Northern Removals Pty Ltd Trading as Chess Moving Townsville
John Ryan Removals Pty ltd Trading as Chess Moving Melbourne
Chess operates in accordance with the following National Privacy Principles:
Chess Moving Australia respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
"Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
Use and Disclosure
We will use personal information in order to:
- Provide services you require.
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collection. We will disclose personal information for the purposes above to:
- Other members of the Chess group where the information is needed to carry out the services you require.
- Outsourced service providers such as sub-contractors, billing and collection services and other providers of services related to our functions.
- Your authorized representatives or legal advisers.
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit ratings and financing.
- Our professional advisers, such as our accountants, auditors and legal and business advisers.
- Government and regulatory bodies as required by law.
- Organizations involved in the transfer of assets by sale or by way of security for finance etc.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date before we use or disclose it.
Data (Privacy) Security
Chess Moving Australia is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Chess has clearly expressed policies on the management of personal information, which is readily available to the public.
Chess will take reasonable steps to let individuals know what sort of personal information it holds, for what purposes, and how it collects, holds, uses and discloses that information.
Access and Correction
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Chess will not adapt as its own identifier of an individual an identifier of the individual that has been assigned by an agency or agent of, or contractor to a government agency acting as a contractor.
Chess will not use or disclose an identifier assigned to an individual by an agency, or by an agent or contracted service provider unless: (a) the use or disclosure is necessary for Chess to fulfil its obligations to the agency; or the use is permitted by law; or the use or disclosure is by a prescribed organisation of a prescribed identifier in prescribed circumstances.
Wherever it is lawful and practical, individuals have the option of not identifying themselves when entering transactions with Chess.
Trans border Data Flows
Chess will not transfer personal data outside Australia unless:
Chess reasonably believes that he recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds the principles of fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to these rules; or
- The individual consents to the transfer; or
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the individual and Chess, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to the individual's request; or
- The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the individual between Chess and a third party; or
All of the following apply:
- the transfer is for the benefit of the individual;
- it is impractical to obtain the consent of the individual to that transfer;
- if it were practical to obtain such consent, the individual would be likely to give it; and
- Chess has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it has transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with these rules.
If you would like to opt out of this style of ad serving please visit http://www.google.co.uk/policies/privacy/ads/ for more information.:
Chess will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless:
The individual has consented; or
- The collection is required by law; or
- The collection is necessary to prevent or less a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual, where the individual whom the information concerns:
- is physically or legally incapable of giving consent to the collection; or
- Physically cannot communicate consent to the collection:
- The collection is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
Monitoring and Enforcement
If you have any questions or believe that your personal and/or confidential information has not been handled correctly please contact the Managing Director of your local Chess Moving branch.
Lucky Orange Web Analytics Service
This site uses the Lucky Orange analytics system to help improve usability and the customer experience. Lucky Orange may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. Lucky Orange may record keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website. Lucky Orange does not track this activity on any site that does not use the Lucky Orange system. You can choose to disable the Lucky Orange Service by visiting http://www.luckyorange.com/disable.php. Note, that doing so will disable other features of the Lucky Orange system that this site employs such as 1-to-1 support chat.